Role in This Project:
K&J Safety and Security Consulting Services, Inc. is providing technical and subject matter assistance to the Rock Region Metro in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Provide Hazardous analysis of removal of OCS of wire/cable from system along River Market and continuing on to 3rd street as shown in yellow on attached sketch.
- Provide Hazardous analysis of OCS disconnect from TPSS feeding South Loop as shown in yellow on attached sketch.
- Provide design review of contractors (KMC/Mass Electric) disconnect plan and hazards identified.
- Provide report as necessary and coordination with Kensington Consultants to allow KMC to remove planned OCS components and disconnect of one TPSS.
- Draft PHA was submitted on 20 November 2020
- Perform safety and security steps to allow for OCS pole relocation and connection to North Loop of streetcar from corner of River Market on to 2nd street as shown in red on attached sketch.
- Participate in concept meeting and virtual ‘over the shoulder review’ of KMC/MASS design for K&J final design review.
The overall intent and schedule is to:
- Provide necessary safety and security performance and coinciding review of KMC/MASS planning to FTA satisfaction whereby allowing KMC/MASS to begin removal of OCS components and disconnection of TPSS in phase 1a on the date of Nov. 16, 2020.
- Provide necessary safety and security performance and review to satisfaction including participation in three MASS design meetings (concept, 65% and 95-100%) estimated between now and January 15, 2021. Complete safety and security performance to allow final pole and OCS re-connections and energization for phase 1b. The final re-connections are estimated to be performed mid-April, no later than first of May 2021 without disruption to streetcar service on Northern loop.
- Provide a Safety Acceptance Report after review of the design and construction of the 6th Street / Streetcar Barn improvements.
- Safety Acceptance Report submitted on 13 November 2020